Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hereby, I have GROWN UP...

I have grown up. Never knew that once you turn a teenager and enter *HELL* everybody consider you as a grown up child. My height has increased thanks to my mom’s encouragement and lectures telling me to exercise and stretch to increase my height. When my friends were here she felt very bad that am the shortest one in my group, though I aint. Sam is shorter than me…hehe! Generally speaking that yes, even I have realized that I AM growing up.

Yester day was KANJAK- ASHTAMI (festival of 9 days, Ashtami is the 8th day) and today RAM- NAVMI (the 9th day) on which the girls are worshiped as goddess by giving them PRASHAD (don’t know what to say this word in English) and money. Generally early in the morning at about 7 or 8 people start calling or send some one from their house to call me. I mean children to come at their homes and receive Kanjak (Prashad). But this time no-one called me and instead I stood outside my home searching for little kiddies (now since am a grown up, those girls are kiddies for me…hehee!!!) running around and making plans to which house they shall go first. But I didn’t see anyone. My bad luck as they might have gone to some other house before mine. I was still waiting and wishing that some one would call me but none. Though Kanjaks came at my home. Neighbours did send Prashad at home since I didn’t go or I could say, they didn’t make an effort to call me.

At Kanjaks, people call at their homes and make girls sit on the carpet, and wash their feets’, tie Molly (red colour thread) on their wrists and put Tika on their foreheads and as I have explained, worship them. After all this, they thank the Kanjak girls and touch their feet for their good wishes as in their (I mean the people’s) eyes we are goddess.

Today at RAM-NAVMI, when Kanjak is done by my so called brother- Nehal’s family, they didn’t call me but, they came home and gave my Kanjak…how rude of them to not call me…it wasn’t good of them. I had also expected their call as to call me on their place. First time in 10yrs I didn’t go for Kanjak at their place…how could???
Now this was when I realized that I have really grown up, physically, mentally and emotionally…in all!!!

It was just last week, when I was cleaning my shelf and taking out all my books and notebooks of class 8th and saw my rough notebook which I took to the first class of 8th. I had made a table in which I had written names of my teachers in front of their respective subjects and my class time-table. It felt like I have entered 8th not passing 8th. The thing is that now the COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN…just 6 days to go and I will be sitting all nervous and excited to know my new section and class mates, that is 2nd of March. My result though is on 30th march that is Friday.
Time goes by really fast!!!
God bless and let this year also go slowly and steadily!!!

No comments: