Friday, February 9, 2007

Over night Sky Observation.




Am in astronomy club and due to that it was one of our sessions, of over night sky observation at HARYANA.




The night before I had to depart for the night stay camp my niece ( yes I HAVE a niece) arrived around 11 at night and once I went off to sleep I got such bad bad dreams…that there were negative thoughts in me that the trip is going to be a hell of a thing…lol!

But the next day 1st we were suppose to attend our classes of Thursday and after the final bell rang which announces the day is over we got our attendance marked for the astronomy club and we(my friend group) and others went for a lunch in the complex near to our school and it was fun! We had Chinese and then ran to Air Force Canteen and bought a camera roll although we never clicked a single pic…lol!

According to the schedule we were suppose to leave around 4pm but eventually out of the two buses 1 didn’t start so students from 1 bus were shifted to the other and we all were in single bus, where there was no place to sit and we were literally stuck to each other…ewwwwwwwwww! And left at 5!

We reached around 8 and were instructed for the rest of night. We had a really very good dinner, it was my favourite, and I had Rajma chawal, paneer aur matar ki sabji and salad.
After that we were also served coffee and also told us that we were suppose to depart as soon as finish it to an ANCIENT Mandir Bhagvan Bhole nath ka. (Temple of Lord Vishnu). I got scared after they said ANCIENT cause there might be some horror stories…eww. Am scared of ghosts, I hate them, so horror is out of the world…lol! The temple was really good and it is surrounded by mountains and hills where there is a kundi (a so called natural place where water is collected) where natural and pure drinking water is obtained. The Shivling (I cannot define it, sorry) of the Lord is said to have carved OM naturally in Hindi. So we all saw that and observed everything when we arrived there at 10 (at night...hehe)

But the worst part was that for the objective that we had gone for was not successful as the sky wasn’t clear so we were jus shown a Telescope and we jus had our lecture started at about 11 and we were so damn sleepy that I myself remember jus half or 1/4th of the lecture…hehe!!! we were told how to find a pole star in a night sky and how to observe the night sky and know every constellation,and also how to recognize them,And it actually ended at about 2 and after that all our sleep flew away we were jus laughing and laughing and hanging out at that area only. So it was a good fun and first in the world I didn’t sleep the whole night after that till 5 we were laughing and chit chatting…lol! And at about quarter to six after having our so called breakfast we left the place and all the way we couldn’t sleep properly in the bus so finally when I came home I had a good sleep for 5 hours…beat it!!!

So I think it was jus another kind of experience for me, which I ought 2 not to forget!...lol!

3 comments:

Naomi said...

hey I had a totally diff opinion abt ur astronomy club!! Anyway, I am sure u had a nice experience!!

zEaLoUsMe™ said...

so wat did u think???

and very true i did have loads of fun there!

Naomi said...

well I thought u wud be observing the sky and having great fun, but I think u were bored by lectures and stuff!!! I thought u wud have good time observing the sky, but unfortunately the sky was overcast.... i thought u will probably see some distant planet, or something!!! well, anyway I am happy that u had lots of fun!!